Beat Twirl (Universal)
Date Added: May 24, 2011
Beat Twirl is a “beat slicer” app that lets you analyze existing sounds and detect their rhythm with its note onset algorithms. With Beat Twirl you can work with drum loops and rhythm patterns, easily enhancing them with additional percussion sound, or create new patterns.
With Beat Twirl you can:
- Change the tempo (time) of drum loops without changing the pitch.
- Analyze percussion patterns and find the underlying timing.
- Mix-in additional percussion sounds, or replace the original sounds
- Export single beats from a sound file.
How to use Beat Twirl?
- You can record yourself singing or clapping a rhythm, than add percussion instruments to the rhythm you created.
- You can extract a rhythmic/percussive section from a song and convert it to a loop you can play along with at different tempos.
- Mix-in percussion instruments to a song to enhance its’ rhythm.
- Extract beat samples from a song for use with a beat sequencer.
- Import audio from your ipod library, using iTunes file sharing or using Sonoma Wire Works AudioCopy AudioPaste from supporting applications.
- Record using an external mic or the built in mic.
- Universal app. UI designed iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Supports retina displays.
- Two spectrum based note onset detection algorithms.
- Manual slicing capabilities on top of the automated algorithm.
- Mix in percussion beats from a library of 300 samples.
- Dropbox Support: Import and export to Dropbox.
- Support export of multiple slices, as separate files or in zip file.
- Directly open exported files in applications on your device that support opening of selected file type.
- AudioBus support (both input and output slots)
Audio can be exported as wav, caf or aac. Export using Sonoma Wire Works AudioCopy, iTunes files sharing, DropBox or email.
You Might Also Like...