Development: The Amazing Audio Engine
Date Added: Mar 19, 2013
Michael Tyson has released “The Amazing Audio Engine” – a sophisticated framework for iOS audio applications, built so you don’t have to. It is designed to be very easy to work with, and handles all of the intricacies of iOS audio on your behalf.
“Built upon the efficient and low-latency Core Audio Remote IO system, and written by one of the pioneers of iOS audio development and developer of Audiobus – Michael Tyson – The Amazing Audio Engine lets you get to work on making your app great instead of reinventing the wheel.”
- Effortless creation of live audio content with objects, blocks, or Audio Units and looping audio file players.
- Automatic mixing of multiple audio signals with per-channel volume and pan controls.
- Built-in support for audio filtering and effects, with support for Audio Units, blocks or object filters.
- Rich audio input support with sophisticated multi-channel support.
- Deep Audiobus inter-app audio system support.
- Sophisticated system output recording and monitoring for in-app session recording or analysis.
- Arbitrary audio format support: Interleaved, non-interleaved, mono, stereo, 16-bit, floating-point – whatever you need.
- Built-in audio file reading and writing, with support for all Core Audio-supported formats.
- Support for pinpoint-accurate timestamp based timing and alarm mechanisms.
- Very light, efficient C engine, designed from the ground up for speed.
- Fast, lock-free synchronisation between main and audio threads.
- High-quality documentation with sample code and a developer forum.
View on GitHub
Fore more information and to download visit theamazingaudioengine.com.
You Might Also Like...