Date Added: May 22, 2012
inHarmony for iPad simplifies composing and playing music by enabling notes limited to the selected diatonic scale, which are always in harmony with the presented chords. You don’t need to know much about chords because the app provides a “One Touch Chord” functionality for all seven main chords of the chosen scale. Just connect your favorite Digital Audio Workstation via MIDI to play harmonic chords in conjunction with perfectly matching notes. Because this is a MIDI-Master-Keyboard the built-in synthesizer is very basic!
- MIDI Master Keyboard: First of all inHarmony is a new kind of a MIDI-Keyboard to be connected via WLAN or Bluetooth to your favorite Digital Audio Workstation either on Mac OSX or Windows (Bonjour for Windows & rtpMIDI must be installed). The single notes and chords can be sent to different MIDI-Channels.
- Music Theory: Learn more about the theory behind music by getting insights into the different scales (e.g. C-Major, g-Minor) and their related notes as well as chords.
- Very Simple Built-In Synthesizer: The App provides a plain synthesizer with different wave shapes (Rectangular, Saw and Sinus) to play around without having a Digital Audio Workstation connected.
- Select one of the major or minor diatonic scales
- Play 2, 3 or 4 note chords (Dyads, Triads or Sevenths) by just one touch
- Shift the octave from -2 to +3
- Feed the MIDI-Output into your Digital Audio Workstation
- Configure the MIDI-Channels for single notes and chords
- In case of hanging MIDI-Notes just press the “Reset” Button
- Switch the internal synthesizer ON or OFF
- Connect the iPad with the same WLAN as your Mac OSX computer. To reduce the latency it is recommended to setup an adhoc network. Furthermore, the latency can be minimized by connecting via Bluetooth.
- Start the MIDI setup tool: Applications -> Utilities -> Audio MIDI Setup.app
- Go to the menu Window and click on “Show Midi Window”
- Start inHarmony
- Click on Network
- Find your iPad in the directory and click on Connect
- You need to install Apple’s Bonjour for Windows as well as the free software rtpMIDI, which emulates CoreMidi
- Please refer to the rtpMIDI tutorial for a detailed installation and setup description
You can download the rtpMIDI software here.
You Might Also Like...