Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro (iPad)
Date Added: Oct 12, 2012
Mapping Tonal Harmony Pro has been envisioned as auxiliary material in the study of Tonal Harmony. The main objective of this app is to provide the student, teachers, composers and/or songwriters with a tool that will aid them in hearing, analyzing, foreseeing and composing harmonic progressions without struggle, in all keys alike.
The map has seven levels of complexity, from the basic diatonic neighborhood advanced secondary functions in major and minor modes and is viewable in all 12 keys and enharmonic spellings, plus a functional view (relative to the tonic). Each level is also accompanied by its respective workbook available at mDecks.com for further study and research.
- Browse Mode – Tap the chords on the map, listen and view the respective function, most-often-used mode/scale.
- Play Mode – Select, load and listen to standard progressions & cadences while viewing them play in the map
- Rec Mode – Create your own progressions and save them for future study or reference.
- Audio Mode Demo – Load and listen to pieces in the public domain while viewing them in the map.
- Help Mode – An interactive help mode on how to use the app.
- Basic Diatonic functions
- IIIm and Deceptive Cadences
- SubV7 and Neapolitan sixth (N6)
- Secondary Dominants
- Blues and other modes
- Advanced Secondary Dominants
- Complete Map with all functions
Chord Info Panel:
- Tap on the chords in the map and view info about their function, mode scale, etc.
Cadences and Alternative Cadences Paths:
- Activate the cadences paths to make most common paths between functions.
Enharmonics and Keyboard:
- Modulate to any key and view the progressions in the selected key or functionally. Select enharmonic spellings using sharps or flats. Transpose any progression to any key by tapping on the keyboard.
- View the current progression in the staff panel in standard chord notation instantaneously transposed to the selected key or functionally.
- In play mode you can tap on the chords in the staff to play it and find it on the map. In rec mode double tap to delete the chord or tap an empty spot to insert a chord by tapping them on the map.
Show paths icon:
- Make paths in the current progression visible to view the entire harmonic progression.
Supports MIDI export – export progressions as MIDI files in any key.
You Might Also Like...