Date Added: Oct 5, 2011
MidiVision is a real-time MIDI capture, filter and analysis tool for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Midi interfaces supported include all CoreMIDI interfaces (physical, virtual and network) and Line 6′s Midi Mobilizer I and II.
If you need to see what any MIDI device is sending (or not), then using MidiVision on your supported iOS device provides a simple, handy and extremely portable solution. No need to lug a computer to your MIDI rig anymore.
Perfect for musicians, studio engineers and roadies who need to diagnose and solve MIDI problems quickly. It’s like having a sophisticated cable tester for MIDI hell in the palm of your hand!
Essentially if you use MIDI you should have this app on your device – you never know when you’re going to need it.
- Events captured are displayed in an easy to read, icon labelled, colour coded and timestamped format
- Two event view modes:
- Compact (one per line) or
- Detailed (complete event descriptions and raw data bytes)
- Audible beeps when data is received
- Can process events in the background
- Jitter reduction feature to eliminate stuttering
- Advertises and recognizes virtual MIDI outs and ins from other running apps
- Incoming events can be mirrored to corresponding MIDI out in order to use inline
- Incoming events can be filtered (capture and/or MIDI thru) by channel or type using the powerful inbuilt block/allow filter panel
- Captured events can be replayed on demand
- Captured events can be emailed as a printable report and standard MIDI file for use in other software
- Event timestamps can be shown in relative or wallclock (device) time
- Ad free and complete (no in-app purchase required to unlock extras)
- Support for the Akai SynthStation25 Keyboard Controller
You Might Also Like...