Date Added: Jun 11, 2012
MiniControl is a remote controller for digital audio workstations with 8 multi-touch faders, and automation, record, select, solo, mute, and track label for each channel . No additional driver is required on Mac OS X 10.4 or later. It will be ready to go as soon as it finishes downloading.
Also check out MiniTransport – a free add-on for MiniControl.
- Working and worthy tools only
- 8 multitouch faders
- Automation, record, select, solo, mute, and track label for each channel
- Basic transport
- Time display
- Automation controls
- Dark background for lightless operations
- Fader color leveling for visual prompt
- Colors indicated connectivity
- Portrait mode and landscape mode
- Retina Display support for the new iPad
Tested and confirmed working with:
- Pro Tools 10.2
- Logic Pro 9.1.7
- Nuendo 5.5.1
Should also be working with Cubase 6
Support for Logic Control protocol is coming soon, most of the audio workstations will be supported or partial supported by then.
How to connect:
- Make sure your iPad and your computer are in the same subnet
- Launch MiniControl on your iPad first
- Launch Audio MIDI Setup in Application / Utilities
- Open up MIDI Window
- Double click on Network
- Create a new session (or use current), select and connect your iPad to that session (you should use discrete network session for each MiniControl)
- Launch your DAW and setup a new MIDI controller device with Mackie HUI protocol on the MIDI port with the session name configured in the last step for both input and output, never use “All inputs” or “All outputs”.
Please keep in mind that:
- If you wish to use multiple iPads, create network sessions and MIDI controllers for each one of them
- Multitasking Gestures shall be disabled if you want to control more than 3 faders simultaneously on one iPad
- Because different audio workstation has its own way communicating with controllers, functionalities (especially automation displays and button combinations) may vary.
You Might Also Like...