Date Added: Jun 3, 2011
Performable. Recordable. Polychord. A musical instrument for experts and beginners alike. Write songs, play music, record and share. Hit any of the chord circles to play a chord. Slide your fingers over the strum keys and play the notes. Go from Major to Minor. Switch Keys. Play a scale. Turn on auto accompany and play along to drums, bass, and an arpeggiator that has a whole range of time-signatures to choose from.
Turn on MIDI for any of the instruments in polychord, and use it as a powerful controller for your favorite audio programs. Like chiptunes and 8-bit music? Polychord has bitshift effects, including detailed controls for the drums. Decimate and distort your sounds with full control over bits and bitrate.
- Record and share songs with SoundCloud
- Sleek UI made in collaboration with Jonas Eriksson
- Palettes, so you can save your settings
- Palette f-keys, for fast switching between palettes
- Sine, Sawtooth, Triangle and Square Waves for each instrument. (We used an ‘analogue simulation’ technique for generating the synthesizer waves, which warms them up a bit.)
- Bitshift features for drums: full control over the reduction of bits / bitrate, allowing you to completely decimate the sound or just add a touch of noise.
- Basic low-pass filtering, resonance for each instrument
- Tremolo Depth controls
- Scale mode for the strum keys: rather than the strum keys playing the notes of the current chord, you can set them to numerous other scales.
- Arpeggiator based on time-signatures. Full control over the speed and count of the arpeggiator — allows you to mix a different time signature over the beat. Arpeggiator now has all of the same synth controls as the other instruments.
- The UI now highlights the last chord you pressed, rather than always highlighting the root-note.
- Octave control for every instrument
- Precise BPM control, with text input
- A global on/off switch for Auto Accompany
- File manager for renaming/deleting/loading palettes, songs, etc
- Pitch bending on strum keys (sends out MIDI too)
- Skins panel lets you switch back to the classic color scheme
- Supports AudioBus
Use polychord as a MIDI controller with even more apps and devices than before! Exciting new virtual MIDI lets you control compatible synthesizer apps that are multitasking in the background.
Polychord will now send MIDI out to all available ports (USB, WiFi, and virtual MIDI). MIDI Clock/Sync can now be sent from polychord — this allows you to use polychord to control other beat-based hardware & compatible apps. There’s also a ‘Sound Engine’ control, allowing you to optimize polychord for use as a MIDI controller by turning off polychord’s sound synth.
You Might Also Like...