Rhythm Lab (iPad)
Date Added: Jan 20, 2013
Rhythm Lab let’s you practice tapping musical rhythms on your iPad, from simple to complex, and have fun doing it!
Rhythm Lab provides three sets of exercises, all available from the main screen:
- Levels from 1 to 10 – similar to the levels of standard music skills test programs.
- Levels 1A – 10A are single-line (one hand) rhythms.
- Levels 1B-10B are double-line (two hand) rhythms.
- Many different types of patterns, including rests, ties, cross-rhythms, and more.
- Rhythm Lab currently provides rhythm patterns from works by six composers: Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Debussy, Haydn, and Mozart.
- The app gives immediate sound and visual feedback with a display of number correct, percent correct, “hit”, “miss” sounds and visuals.
- Metronome feature gives users control over tempo; the metronome speed is scaled based on difficulty of the exercise
- Settings feature allows the user to choose tap sounds, metronome sounds, volume levels, and tap precision (loose, medium, or strict)
- Note duration switch provides two options: tap only, without testing note lengths, and note-length testing (requires holding notes for the correct duration).
You Might Also Like...