Sample Lab (iPad)
Date Added: May 22, 2011
Sample Lab is a full-featured sampler/sequencer made exclusively for iPad. With a professional set of features packed into a simple, multi-touch interface you can skip the learning curve and start making tracks within minutes.
- Record your own samples, or import wav & mp3 files using iTunes.
- Professional quality pitch-shifting preserves sample length and formants while giving you 2 full octaves from any sample; without chipmunking. Lock a sample to a tempo and change track tempo to time stretch/compress.
- Pinch-zoom precision sample editor lets you select your audio and drag it right onto a track.
- 8 stereo tracks @ 44.1kHz with per-beat volume, pan and pitch control.
- Per-beat cue and loop points allowing for unique new sounds and more flexibility composing.
- Copy/Pasteboard support for sharing audio with other apps.
- Mixdown to WAV & upload to SoundCloud.
- Audio Multitasking: Sample Lab will continue to play audio after you switch apps.
- Multi-touch trigger pads for tapping in patterns or stand alone performance.
- 4 real-time DSP FX: compressor, bit crusher, resonant cutoff, and phaser.
- Multi-touch sequencer lets you build a composition with ease.
- Shuffle control for simple syncopation.
- More than 100 samples included to get you started.
- Punch-in loopbox style recording on each track allowing for recording layers of loops live.
- MIDI Clock-sync output and Virtual MIDI output with per-track channel control. Send notes and clock signals to other supporting apps while multitasking.
- MIDI input support: trigger samples and record beats with a MIDI controller to get variable velocity and lower latency.
- Use MIDI to punch-in/out for pedalboard hands-free looping.
- Plug & play support for Akai LPD8 and Behringer FCB1010.
Sample Lab was made to fit into your live set. You can:
- Trigger samples or tap un-mute for percussive slam fading
- Slice up a beat
- Load a different composition or sample kit
- Control 8 FX parameters at once with X/Y axis controls
- Record and drop-in layers of beatbox or harmonizing vocals
…all without stopping the music.
You Might Also Like...