Sylo Synthesiser (iPad)
Date Added: May 22, 2011
Sylo Synthesiser allows you to play music, or create sound effects, using sounds you can design yourself. Sylo Synth includes a collection of pre-designed sounds which you can use as they are, tweak them to your heart’s desire, or you can make new sounds from scratch.
Build sounds from basic waveforms, or capture them from the world around you using the iPad’s built-in microphone. Then, tinker with Sylo Synthesiser’s filters and other settings to make a sound all your own.
Sylo Synthesiser features live time-stretching technology based on granular synthesis and a suite of filters:
- Speed up or slow down a recorded sound to use as an instrument
- With a regular wavetable synthesiser, higher-pitched notes are also faster, like chipmunks, and lower-pitched notes are also slower, as though they are moving through treacle
- But enable Sylo’s “Sync Speed” feature, and lower or higher-pitched notes still play back at the same speed, keeping them in sync with each other
- Fiddle with the speed control even while you’re playing notes: Slow, stop or even rewind the sound in the middle of notes — without changing the pitch
- Granular synthesis allows you to create instruments or effects from a recording, that do not sound like the original, yet retain its realistic, natural sound
- FX units: Frequency modulation, ring modulation, echo/delay, distortion, and a low-pass filter with resonance control
Upgrade to Sylo Synthesiser Pro and you gain these additional features:
- Use existing audio files as the building-blocks of your instrument: import audio from wave, aiff, mp3 and aac/m4a files
- Save recordings to your iPad or to Dropbox online storage
- Save your new instruments to the preset list for quick access
- Exchange audio with other apps via AudioCopy/AudioPaste or “Open in…” (where supported)
You Might Also Like...