Update: Genome MIDI Sequencer v1.1.2 Released
Date Added: Dec 6, 2012
White Noise Audio Software have released version 1.1.2 of Genome MIDI Sequencer (GMS) – their pattern based MIDI sequencer for the iPad. The updates adds many new features, improvements and fixes to the Sequencer, Piano Roll / Pattern Editor, playback and recording.
- Better visual feedback on patterns that are playing
Piano Roll / Pattern Editor Page
- Fixed bug with ‘View Snap’ zoom mode that was causing view to jump around
- Added a ‘dead zone’ on zooming so zooming doesn’t occur immediately
- Added scrollbars for easier navigation
- Fixed timing bug that occurred when changing pattern length while recording
- Fixed Pattern Mini-map
- Fixed a serious bug with changing note lengths
- Fixed stuck note when bringing up the tap ‘n hold menu
- Fixed bug that occurred if you duplicated a pattern more than once. One of the duplicates wouldn’t play at first.
- Improved naming of duplicates. No longer calls them ‘copy copy copy.. “, instead “copy 1, copy 2″, etc.
- It is now possible to have notes that stretch past the end of the pattern without being cut off as soon as the pattern ends
- Fixed a bug on switching song steps that would kill all playing notes.
- Some under-the-hood changes to the way looping works (mainly for the above change)
- NEW: Pattern Info -> Added ‘Legato’ launch quantization option. This allows patterns to change immediately and still keep sync.
- NEW: Pattern Info -> Added Loop flags (affects how looping works, with regards to starting and continuing notes)
- Notes that extend past the end of the pattern will no longer be broken into two notes (see pattern playback changes)
- Updated MIDI Mobilizer library
- The ‘Send Sync’ button (formerly, “Send Clock”) in the MIDI config, now controls whether MIDI Start and MIDI Stop messages are sent as well as Clock.
- Background Mode changes. It’s now easier to do external clock sync while Genome is in the background. If Genome is not playing, it will wait in the background for 15 minutes unless you toggle the ‘background’ button in the settings (which will cause it to sleep immediately). If Genome is playing, it will run in the background until stopped.
- Added options for controlling Latency Compensation for MIDI Sync (sync-in and out)
- Fixed track ‘scale’ not getting reset on song->clear
For more information about Genome MIDI Sequencer (GMS) click here.
You Might Also Like...