Update: Grain Science v1.1 Released – Adds Background Audio, Virtual MIDI, New Instruments and FX
Date Added: Jan 20, 2012
Wooji Juice have released version 1.1 of Grain Science – their powerful synthesizer for the iPad. The update includes background audio and Virtual MIDI IN support, two new FX units (Flanger & Pulse Width), a new “Single Shot” grain mode, 5 additional built-in instruments, and much more!
- Background audio support (enable in settings)
- Virtual MIDI — control Grain Science from other apps on your iPad
- Flanger FX Unit
- Pulse Width FX Unit
- Single Shot grain mode — like Linear, but halts at the end of the sample instead of looping
- 5 additional built-in instruments
- UI improvement — Jump quickly to any panel without having to scroll one-by-one
- UI improvement — Grain Mode, Blend Mode, Reverb Mode and AGC buttons can now be dragged up/down to quickly change modes without popping open a separate panel.
- Faster switching between instruments
- Cleaner transitions when switching instruments
- Reduced memory usage
- Parameters in the control mapping panel now show “FX switched off” when the FX Unit they apply to hasn’t been activated in the FX chain.
- Issue transferring control map minimum/maximum/auto reset values to new instruments
- Issue where Bounce grain mode would, in rare circumstances, loop instead
- Compatibility issue importing certain audio files
Grain Science is a beautiful new iPad Synthesiser. Designed for musicians, soundscape artists and SFX engineers who want to go beyond our Sylo Synthesiser, Grain Science is built on similar principles of granular synthesis, but is vastly more powerful.
For more information about Grain Science click here.
You Might Also Like...