Update: Grain Science v1.2 Released – Adds 6 New Instruments, Chorus FX, PWM mode, Arpeggiator & More!
Date Added: Feb 7, 2012
Wooji Juice have released version 1.2 of Grain Science – their powerful synthesizer for the iPad. The update adds a new Chorus FX unit, PWM blend mode, 6 additional instruments, and multi-octave chord arpeggiation. It will also includes many improvements to the user interface including audio crop snaps to zero crossings, swipe to delete unwanted audio, and an improved BPM dial.
- Chorus FX unit
- Pulse Width Modulation blend mode
- Wave list shows a count of how many instruments use each wave
- More musician-friendly BPM system, goes up to 180bpm with 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 and 1/32 options (old system can still be selected)
- Multiple-octave chord arpeggiation
- Swipe to delete unwanted audio from wave & audio import lists
- “Reed” built-in wave
- 6 additional built-in instruments
- Tube Resonance Bass can be programmed. Note: It can bite! Slow, gentle programs are recommended, unless you want artefacts!
- UI improvement — swap FX units by dragging them around by their names
- Setting to choose whether recording is hold-to-record or tap-to-start/tap-to-stop
- Mini VU meter on recording button during recording (or, in hold-to-record mode, tap to toggle on/off)
- Cropping selections now snap to zero-crossings for smoother results
Improvements and Fixes:
- Easier to see when a cropping selection is about to begin
- Avoids “popping” while installing/uninstalling FX units
- Slightly more useful naming for newly-created instruments
- Control Mapper shows the same names for Tube Resonance parameters as on their FX dials
- Fixed crash bug when mapping certain kinds of parameter in otherwise-unmodified instruments
- Fixed issue with reverb resetting itself after re-opening Grain Science
- Fixed issue with Control Mapper Auto-Reset not always auto-resetting to the correct value
- Fixed issue with Single-Shot grain mode
Grain Science is a beautiful new iPad Synthesiser. Designed for musicians, soundscape artists and SFX engineers who want to go beyond our Sylo Synthesiser, Grain Science is built on similar principles of granular synthesis, but is vastly more powerful.
For more information about Grain Science click here.
You Might Also Like...