Update: Nanoloop v3.18 Released – Adds Many New Sharing Options
Date Added: Oct 16, 2012
Oliver Wittchow has released version 3.18 of Nanoloop – his sequencer, synthesizer and sampler for the iPhone & iPod Touch. The update adds a number of new sharing/export options including sending and receiving project files (.nan) as email attachments, the ability to open project files from apps that support the “open-in” dialog, the ability to export WAV files using the “open-in” to any app that can open WAV files, and DropBox support.
- Send and receive .nan as email attachments: The “send” function now sends .nan files as actual attachments. Files can be handled like any other attachment, they can be saved on a PC and also be opened in the Android version and vice versa. This feature is only available on iOS 3.2 or higher. On older versions, you can still send files URL-encoded.
- Open .nan files anywhere: Nanoloop is added to the “open in” dialog. When you open a .nan file in Safari, Mail, Dropbox or any other app that can present an “open in” dialog, nanoloop starts and imports the file.
- Share .nan files with Dropbox and others: If file sharing apps like Dropbox are installed, there is a “share” function that allows to open .nan files in compatible apps.
- Share WAV Exports: If compatible apps are installed, an “open in” menu will appear after WAV export, allowing to open the exported file in any app that can open WAV files.
- Bugfix: Notes with very low volume are not muted anymore.
Nanoloop for iPhone combines sequencer, synthesizer and sampler in one package. It provides all functions for creating electronic music from scratch.
Nanoloop was originally developed for Game Boy (first release in 1999) and is a popular platform for mobile music creation. The new iPhone version presented here follows the same basic structure and design concept but otherwise it is an entirely new program. It does not simulate the Game Boy’s sound or other functions but has been fully optimised for the iPhone’s capabilities.
For more information about Nanoloop for iPhone click here.
You Might Also Like...