Update: TB MIDI Stuff v2.0 Released – Now iOS Universal
Date Added: Nov 5, 2012
TBStuff have released version 2.0 of TB MIDI Stuff – their generic modular MIDI control surface. The app has been entirely rebuilt and includes support for the iPhone, so the app is now iOS Universal (and TB Tiny MIDI Stuff, the old iPhone version, is no longer available). There are also many new features including the ability to open up to 128 pages at the same time, a new Visual Control Selector, brand new controls (Pick List and Piano Keyboard (with Arpeggiator Track on each), custom image backgrounds, custom tooltips on sliders, Variables (Application, Page, User and Control) and Gyroscope support.
TB MIDI Stuff v1.x users should read this migration guide before installing v2.0.
Check out the full change log below…
- Universal App: iPad version can read/write iPhone pages and iPhone canvas snapshots (with or without full resolution upscale).
- Up to 128 opened pages at the same time (even on iPad 1st Gen)
- 2D Pages Canvas: You can organize your pages on a 2D pages grid, moving a single page or a pages row.
- Custom Image Backgrounds
- Signed CC, Signed CC Coarse/Fine and Signed SysEx Messages
- Style switch: You can change the style of controls to a compatible one without needing to create a new control.
- New Page Editor
- Instant Messenger: You can quickly send temporary MIDI and/or OSC messages per MIDI Outs.
- Slider Fine Mode: Double tap on every slider to open a popover to set accurately the value (+/- 1 and Jog Wheel) without enter the Page Editor.
- Tempo Popover
- Brand New Controls: Piano Keyboard with individual Arpeggiator/Repeat track, Pick List
- New Visual Control Selector
- RGB Colors on Sliders, Knobs, Faders, Ribbons, Drum Pads, Rounded Rect, Labels and Pick Lists
- Set Current Control’s Values to Default Values without entering page editor
- Send All Current Control’s Values: You can send all current control’s values at any time to synchronize your external devices.
- Restore Pages Canvas at Launch
- Gyroscope Support on compatible devices (Pitch/Roll simulation on iPad 1st Gen)
- TB MIDI Tiny Stuff Pages Reading Support
- Page Editing Facilities: Like Selection popover, Move/Size switch, Black/White Grid switch, Snap to Grid switch, valued sliders numeric entry, two fingers to stop move/resize gestures or double tap an empty zone to open the Control Selector.
- Application Variables: Battery Level, Battery State, Tempo, Beat Clock, Bar Clock and External Sync.
- Page Variables: MIDI Transposition and Predefined Scale, Root Key and Custom Scale for Value Notes.
- Page User Variables: Public or Internal, with MIDI and/or OSC messages.
- Control’s Variables: To change dynamically or display control settings on your page.
- Dynamic Colors on Drum Pads: Lets you change the color of a Drum Pad with a received note message (with a color/velocity range table).
- Hidden switch on controls
- Hidden Condition on controls: Lets you to create multi panels on a single page or do a dynamic layout.
- Fonts on Labels and Pick Lists
- Variable Binders on Labels
- Variable Messages on Controls
- Background Audio Mode: To keep MIDI part and Arpeggiator/Repeat Tracks active when TBMS is on background.
- Categories on Canvas Snapshots: Instrument, Effect, Mixer, Keyboard, Stage and Other.
- Bi Directionality control on each message: Send & Receive, Send Only, Receive Only
- Routing Modes: None, MIDI, OSC or MIDI & OSC
For more information about TB MIDI Stuff click here.
You Might Also Like...