Last Updated on December 22, 2020 by IDS Team
Audiobus 3 has arrived bringing great new features:
- A totally new way to set up MIDI connections between compatible apps. All IAA instruments that are compatible with Audiobus will be usable as MIDI destinations. MIDI controllers will need to update to the newest SDK and support Audiobus 3’s MIDI system. We’re launching with a few of the best MIDI controller apps for that. And of course MIDI filters are a whole new category of apps, of which there will be a handful when we launch, made by Johannes Dörr, the creator of midiFlow
- Support for Audio Unit Extensions.
- A basic input mixer to adjust volumes of all sound generators
- Apps with the new Audiobus 3 SDK will launch into the background. All MIDI controllers and filters with the new Audiobus MIDI system will support this. Combined with Audio Unit Extensions and the new Audiobus MIDI system this turns Audiobus 3 into a really amazing place to set up your whole workflow, save it as an Audiobus preset and then restore it later on.
- Support for split view and slide-over on compatible devices so that you can adjust the volume without having to switch apps – just slide in the side panel and use the Audiobus mixer in that. It’s handy.