Parallels is a new dual-source synth featuring pre-recorded waveforms from classic analog and digital synths.
Each waveform has a progression of some kind in its 15 second duration – a filter sweep, or a pitch diffusion for example – and playback can start from any point of the artist’s choosing, providing almost infinite sounds-per-sound, even at the source. The playback method can be described as wavescanning, with pre-calibrated loop lengths per source for the best possible sonic outcome. The artist can choose how far the playhead will move through the source scene, and at what rate, before returning to its start point and settling into its sustain loop. All this with up to fourteen voices at once.
Each source can pass through its own shaper section, for example, with a choice of three analog-modeled filter types; a state-variable filter (low, high, or band-pass), a vactrol-style low pass gate, or a triad of resonant peaks.
- A plug-in soft-synth with dual wavescanning source sections
- Almost a hundred high-quality pre-recorded multi-waveforms
- Sonic progression within each waveform means near-infinite source-material
- Two parallel sources means blended sounds, opening up exponentially more possibilities
- Up to fourteen voices (seven per source when both sources are active)
- Hundreds of expertly-created presets from world-leading synth artists, engineers, and sound-designers, including Brian Transeau a.k.a. BT, Richard Devine, Inhalt, and more.
- Three analog-modeled filter types (state-variable, vactrol LPG, and resonant peaks)
- Five sophisticated types of modulation source; LFO, random, Euclidian sequencer, step sequencer, and envelope
- Five top-quality effects options; distortion, chorus, flanger, delay, and reverb
- Inspirational, creative, and beautiful
- Crucially, it always sounds amazing