Date Added: Aug 21, 2012
Chordion is a new and intuitive way to make music on the iPad. Choose chords with one hand and play melodies with the other – never hit a wrong note! Chordion is great for performing, writing songs, jamming, or having sing-alongs with friends.
Chordion makes it easy to play common chord changes in any key. In “auto” mode, Chordion’s keyboard follows the chords you play, letting you strum up and down arpeggios or easily play simple melodies. Chordion includes a built-in drum machine & arpeggiator for keeping the beat.
More experienced users will love the wide range of customization options – from the layout of chords to sound synthesis to exotic scales.
Chordion’s built-in synth engine is highly tweekable and easy to use – create organy drones, echo-y lead lines, or shimmery chimes.
Chordion also supports MIDI, allowing you to play other instruments using Chordion’s unique interface. The chord buttons and keyboard can even be set to different MIDI ports and channels so you can control two instruments at once!
Latest Feature Additions (v1.2):
- Drum Machine & Arpeggiator: Easy to use sequencer with 4 drum machines. Customizable Arpeggiator patterns.
- New Layout Editor: Now you can set up custom chord voicings, create your own scales, and change the range of the keyboard in the new layout editor.
- New Synthesis Parameters: The envelope can now be set to modulate the filter cutoff for extra punch. Added Vibrato effect. Vibrato, Tremolo and Wah effects all have fade-in times for creating delayed modulation. New detuning makes your oscillators thick and juicy!
- Performance Optimizations: Audio engine has been optimized. MIDI mode now completely disengages the audio engine. Graphics engine has been optimized to be extra fast.
- New Chord Types: minMaj7, m7/9, 11, m11, maj7#11, m#11, 6, b6, m6, m#6, and more!
- Record: Record your audio and upload to SoundCloud, Dropbox, or iTunes.
- Share your songs on Noise:Cloud – a new feature for sharing and downloading Chordion presets made by other users. Feeling un-inspired? Check out what others are making with Chordion.
- Audiobus: Stream Chordion’s audio output to other iOS apps with Audiobus.
You Might Also Like...