Audiobus 3 has arrived bringing great new features:
- A totally new way to set up MIDI connections between compatible apps. All IAA instruments that are compatible with Audiobus will be usable as MIDI destinations. MIDI controllers will need to update to the newest SDK and support Audiobus 3’s MIDI system. We’re launching with a few of the best MIDI controller apps for that. And of course MIDI filters are a whole new category of apps, of which there will be a handful when we launch, made by Johannes Dörr, the creator of midiFlow
- Support for Audio Unit Extensions.
- A basic input mixer to adjust volumes of all sound generators
- Apps with the new Audiobus 3 SDK will launch into the background. All MIDI controllers and filters with the new Audiobus MIDI system will support this. Combined with Audio Unit Extensions and the new Audiobus MIDI system this turns Audiobus 3 into a really amazing place to set up your whole workflow, save it as an Audiobus preset and then restore it later on.
- Support for split view and slide-over on compatible devices so that you can adjust the volume without having to switch apps – just slide in the side panel and use the Audiobus mixer in that. It’s handy.
by Audiobus Pty Ltd
Open up new worlds of creative music making possibilities with Audiobus, the app that lets you use your music apps together, just like virtual cables.
Send live audio or MIDI from one Audiobus-compatible app or Audio Unit to another: add effects on top of your favourite synth, use your favourite step sequencer to drive the whole lot, and record it all in your favourite DAW, sampler or looper. Plug in a MIDI keyboard, run it through an arpeggiator or a key quantizer, and record the result in your DAW, or drive several different sound generators with a keyboard splitter. And control it all with a MIDI controller. The possibilities are endless.
Then save your setup in a preset to be restored with one touch later on.
With a completely new MIDI routing system, support for Apple's new Audio Unit Extensions standard, a new built-in mixer, MIDI learn, and huge new workflow improvements, Audiobus 3 represents a big step forward for mobile music making.
Audiobus has a rich community of over a thousand great compatible apps, including:
- Korg Gadget
- Loopy HD
and many more. See the full list at https://audiob.us/apps.
What the internet is saying about Audiobus 3:
"Audiobus is the most essential audio app on iOS."
- Charlie Sorrell, Cult of Mac
"[The| New MIDI routing and effects set to open up a whole new world of apps!"
- Tim Webb, Discchord.com
"Audiobus is one of the most intriguing and powerful additions to the iPad's music ecosystem."
- Federico Viticci, Macstories.net
"Audiobus 3 revolutionizes iOS music making again"
Audiobus: Your music apps. Connected.
[optin title=”Get FREE promo codes and best music apps on sale” border=”true” text=”Enter your email address below to get best curated offers” buttontext=”Submit” leadlist=”625090″ successMessage=”Message has been submitted successfully.” errorMessage=”Failed to send your message. Please try later.” invalidEmailMessage=”Your email address does not appear valid.” collectfirstname=”false” collectlastname=”false” collectphone=”false” collectcompany=”false” id=”17777″]