Last Updated on December 20, 2016 by
Endorphin.es announced about a year ago upcoming update to their Terminal module (now discontinued) which is called Grand Terminal. It comes with a bunch of stereo effects and still works as a great all-in-one envelope, lfo, filter/low-pass gate module.
It is a complex all-in-one module that together with any oscillator (e.g. Furthrrrr Generator) or even on its own represents a full modular synthesizer voice.
On one hand, the module is simple – just two envelopes and two lters which are very handy for beginners, having a block of modules that in some approximation usually could be found in every keyboard synthesizer like Moog, Nord, Prophet, or what- ever. Such a set of blocks is extremely handy for live performances having everything in a yet compact but accessible way.
On the other hand, everything is modular and CV controlled. By pressing a few button combinations, surprisingly advanced possibilities open up without deep menu diving.
• 26 HP, 1” in depth – super slim and Shuttle friendly
• Dual multi-mode lter (ladder, diode, vactrol, state-variable lp/hp/bp and comb) in dual, stereo and serial modes
• Dual looping/AD/ASR envelope generator that acts as band-limited oscillator when cycling at linear slopes
• Stereo “Cabin Pressure” processor with different ambient effects: from shimmered halls and reverberations to a spring simulation over tape/ping-pong delays to a chorus
• Separate mono modular level output and stereo line level output for direct line recording or driving the headphones.
• Easy rmware update via USB
• And of course fully compatible with GatewayT_XP
• I/O: 48 kHz 16 bit audio
Check out intro video and amazing manual: http://endorphin.es/assets/endorphin.es_grand_terminal_manual.pdf