Another great update from KORG – after announcement of release of ARP Odissey for iOS – KORG has announced Monologue – their new mono synth that will be available in January for just $299.
It is available in 5 colors – so you’ll need to think a lot which one you prefer.
The keyboard has 25 keys – from E to E (not your regular C to C keyboard) – pretty reasonable decision for a synth focused on bass sound. Front panel is pretty typical for a 2 oscillators synth (except advanced sequencer and tiny display showing waveforms or menu). To build Monologue KORG took the best from Minilogue and added new sound sculpting abilities – “completely new filter, modulation, drive, and LFO can generate powerful basses and sharp leads, creating awesome mono sounds that showcase its single-voice design”.
From what we can hear on the sound demos – synth sounds amazing! Check out the video:
What stands this synth apart from others is advanced sequencer, waveform display and advanced microtuning developed in partnership with Aphex Twin.
- Analog synthesizer with all-new synthesis structure optimized for amazing monophonic sounds and sequences
- Fully programmable, with 100 program memories (80 presets included)
- 16-step sequencer with extensive motion sequence technology to make your sound move
- Microtuning lets you freely create scales and alternate tonalities\
- Oscilloscope function helps visualize the waveform in real time
- Battery-powered for portability
- Rugged and stylish with aluminum top panel, chassis-mounted pots, rubber-coated knobs, and real wood back panel
- MIDI, USB MIDI, and Audio Sync for all types of in-studio and live connectivity, including direct sync with minilogue, SQ1, volca, electribe, and more
- Five color variations that will shine on stage or in the studio