When I first have seen Yeco picture – I thought that’s a new hardware controller with touch-screen, and next thought was “hm… why would anybody make new device when you have lots of ipads and androids”. But Yeco is something new.
Addressed for people with Touch-enabled displays on Win and Mac (well, that’s mostly for Windows because there are minority of people using touch displays with Mac) that app would work great on devices like MS Surface. I need to say that Ableton Live is almost unusable on the MS Surface comparing to touch-friendly DAWs like FL Studio or Bitwig. So a good touch-layer is something that most of Live on touch-screen devices would love.
The app itself is fully-featured controller with clips launcher, keyboard, hex-keyboard, drum-pads for drum racks, xy-pads, mixer and Live-devices controller.
Here’s short intro video to get an idea of how it works:
Though multi-touch is not officially supported in OS X there’s a workaround for that using Touch-Base driver.
As there’s no demo version available you can check out Yeco features with set of 12 tutorials:
Software is available from the website: yeco.io and it costs 45 EUR (no demo version is available). Yeco works with Ableton Live 9.x.
Some other solutions to control Ableton Live with multitouch screen require iPads and 2 of my favorites are Touchable (great push-like keyboard, intuitive interface for Live devices control, Live browser support and many other great features) and Conductr (highly customizable app with great user interface).
Legacy version - there will be no additional Feature - Updates for touchAble 3.
For your up to date fix of touchAble - please refer to our new app - touchAble Pro.
touchAble is THE controller app for Ableton Live.
"A controller that rivals the Push in the hardware space, and almost completely leaves the competition behind in the app space." DJ TECHTOOLS
touchAble 3 offers a vast array of new and improved features and finally connects via a simple USB cable.
The new Live Device Template Pack (available as an in-app purchase) provides a well designed layout for nearly every device in Live.
touchAble 3 includes six different modules that - combined - give you full control over Lives Session-View.
Its modular interface allows to split the screen to show two modules at the same time - or to maximise the surface area of a single module.
And if the size of one iPad is not enough, you can use touchAble with as many iPads or iPhones (using touchAble Mini) as you want.
'The level of control and amount of customisation is really impressive as is the integration with Live. SonicTouch Gold Award.' SONICSTATE
'touchAble can really add a new level of performance to your gigs and recording sessions.' DJMAG
'touchAble promises to be a real game-changer in the world of controller apps.' ASKAUDIO magazine
'Ableton users with an iPad, it's an easy recommendation.' RESIDENT ADVISOR
'touchAble goes further than any app has before.' CREATE DIGITAL MUSIC
'There are so many great features that each Live user can find useful as their main controller.' DUBSPOT
The included Modules are:
Launch Clips and Scenes, Solo and arm tracks, or open up the loop controls to quickly loop a running Clip.
An overview provides quick access to any position in the set. Create or delete Tracks, Scenes, Clips and even stop buttons.
Edit MIDI Clips with the MIDI Editor. Drum Mode makes it easy to lay down a drum loop. Chord Mode allows for precise note placements and lengths - in any scale you want.
Adjust Volumes, Sends, Pans and the Crossfader.
Accurate dB readings and level meters.
Snap and Timed mode with 4 different envelopes.
Access Live Devices, VSTs or AUs. Supports Devices in Racks.
Intelligent Controls adapt to the type of control used in Live. Snap and Combo mode.
With the addition of the Live Device Template Pack (in-app purchase), all Live devices will look and feel exactly as their counterparts in Live.
Keys & Pads:
Traditional Keyboard Drum Pads
All of them include Scales selector, Note repeat, Aftertouch and Positional velocity
Assign and control up to 12 parameters at once.
Gravity Parameters on each of the dots.
Snapshots of positions with morph.
Edit your own interfaces using XY Pads, Faders, Rotaries, Buttons, Labels and Containers.
Assign any Live parameter or MIDI CC/Note.
Use as many pages as you like - and save and restore your templates.
Combine your own template with touchAbles other modules.
The Browser lets you access Live's Library. Drag and Drop Devices on a track - or drop Samples on one of the DrumPads.
touchAble 3 is compatible with Live 9 & 10 (latest version) - Lite, Intro, Standard and Suite - and runs on all generations of iPad.
The Server Software requires OSX 10.7 and above or Windows 7 and above.
Download the Server Software from http://www.touch-able.com and follow the installation process.
• Connect your iPad to your computer via USB or a wireless network.
• Run Ableton Live and enable 'touchAble' as a Control Surface.
• Launch touchAble on your iPad and tap the Server to connect.
• Within a few seconds your set will be touchAble 🙂
Conductr - Ableton Live and Tr...
Conductr - Ableton Live and Tr...
"I’ve found the Traktor controller module to be a delight. Easy to set up, stable and completely instinctive to use".
MIRA CALIX (Warp Records)
"Conductr has quickly become an integral part of my studio experience. It provides me with great control over my workflow in both digital and analog domains while experimenting and recording within Ableton Live.”.
JUSTIN JAMES (Minus, Sci+Tec)
“The XY-4D is simply the best X/Y controller I’ve seen on the iPad yet”.
PETER KIRN (createdigitalmusic.com)
Conductr is an app that musicians and DJs alike can design according to their specific needs: it features several different modules to control Ableton Live and Traktor.
Conductr is not about mimicking hardware or desktop software on the iPad, but to develop a new way of interacting with music.
Conductr is a freemium app. You can download a trial version for free.
WARNING: Conductr is a software controller. It doesn't make any sound by itself.
• Ableton Live 9.0 or higher (for Ableton users).
• Traktor 2.5 or higher / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 2.5 or higher / Traktor Pro 2 2.5 or higher / Traktor LE 2 2.5 or higher (for Traktor users).
• Mac OSX 10.7 or higher
• Windows Vista or higher with iTunes.
• iPad / iPad Mini with iOS 7.0 or higher.
• Original iPad Connection cable (Apple made or Apple Certified-MFI) when using the USB Connection.
• Server software (requires a 64-bit Intel Operating System). Free download at conductr.net/downloads
Communicate your iPad and your computer via USB for reduced latency.
Control one single Ableton Live or Traktor set with multiple iPads.
New modules are released regularly.
• 4 different view modes: 4, 3, 2 or 1 slots on screen.
• Each slot can contain 1 module.
• Any module can be loaded on any slot while playing.
• You can save your complete project's set up.
• Up to 4 decks.
• Each deck features 3 different modes:
ABLETON CLIPS MODULE
• Clear and simple clips grid.
• Clips and loops evolution bars.
• SHIFT mode for fast access to a basic mixer.
• LINK function: sync Clips and Mixer positions.
ABLETON MIXER MODULE
• Clear and simple control of each track’s volume and mute.
• Faders with physics.
• SHIFT mode for fast access to each track’s pan crossfader, solo and record buttons.
• 2 SEND modes.
• Volume LIMITER function.
• Master Volume LOCK/UNLOCK function.
• LINK function: sync Mixer and Clips positions.
ABLETON MASTER MODULE
• Clear and simple transport unit.
ABLETON USER MODULES
• Up to 8 parameter controllers from any device on any track per module.
• 4 control interfaces: faders, crossfaders, buttons and quantized scales.
• RESET feature: create parameter's values memories.
ABLETON 4-D XY USER MODULES
• Up to 4 FX units per module.
• Up to 4 parameters per FX unit.
• RESET and FREEZE mode.
ABLETON GESTURAL MODE
• Motion capture system. Play your User Modules without looking at the iPad.
• Control different parameters depending on how many fingers you use anywhere on the screen.
CLAYDR MIDI KEYBOARD
• 4 rows onscreen. Each row can contain a different octave. Each row settings can be edited independently.
• Row settings:
- ADD NOTE
- 3 DIFFERENT VELOCITY MODES
• More parameters can be set using the CLAYDR SHIFT Mode:
- Select the scale and key you want to play.
- KEY mode to see only each scale's notes / CHROMATIC mode to see the whole keyboard.
BRANDL MIDI DRUM PAD
• ERGONOMIC mode featuring hand morphology capture system:
Play with 1 to 5 fingers. Assign any pad to any finger.
• PAD mode featuring 16 pads on a 4x4 matrix.
• 8 macro controllers.
• One XY-4D FX unit.
• Settings editor:
-2 MIDI mapping modes: Automatic Ableton Drum Rack Mapping and Manual.
-2 Flexible Volume modes: Touch Size (TSZ) and Center-Relative (CTR).
2 Fixed volume modes: Manual (set each pad’s volume) and Global (5 positions).